Define Your Pecs With This Big Chest Workout For Men
It’s already Monday again, although I’m lazy, it’s a good day to start the week with energy, so you must attend the gym to not lose the pace you’ve been keeping for months.
Today I want to talk about how to define pectorals efficiently and in a short time. Without a doubt it’s one of the signs of a well-toned and strong-looking man. What exercises should you do to define the pectorals?
With women something similar also happens, although in females, these exercises are usually used to create harder, heavier and stronger breasts. There is no difference in sex so these exercises and workouts are as good for men as they are for women.
What Do You Do To Define Pecs Quickly?
Whatever type of physique you may have, you should develop pectorals with a medium to large amount of volume in order to achieve both volume and definition.
The goal of muscle definition depends on three factors:
- Maintenance of muscle volume, work with high intensity routines to maintain volume and strength (with few sets and repetitions) (e.g. 3-4 × 6), weights of up to 85% of your 1 RM (One rep max).
- Muscle definition, work with low intensity routines with many repetitions (e.g. 6-7 × 10-12) and weights up to 65% of your 1 RM
- Reduction of fat in the area and body weight in general. What is the best way? Definitely aerobic exercise and good healthy eating habits.
The balanced combination of these three factors will ensure that your work to define the pectorals is efficient and harmonious with the rest of your body.
The Best Exercises To Build Pecs Of Steel
You already have your road map drawn, you know the basis of the plan that you have to follow and now I am going to tell you the best exercises so that you can include them in each big chest workout that you do when you go to the gym.
Chest Presses With Hands Together
This simple exercise can be done anywhere and is perfect for working on your definition. The difficulty is greater when performing these with your hands closest to the center of the chest.
Pull-Ups With Grip At The Center Of The Bar
The pull-up is a very efficient exercise for the upper part of your body and of course, for your chest.
Parallel Bar Dips
One of the best exercises to accomplish this great goal that you have marked, depending on the angle of work (in a straight line or perpendicular) you will influence the shoulders or triceps more.
Chest Pulleys For Chest
This is the highest quality exercise thanks to the constant tension and the direct impact on them. This exercise makes use of two pulleys that you pull towards the center of the body. If possible, always try to incorporate pulleys into your big chest workout.
Exercises With Rings
If you have the right physical conditions, you can work with the rings. In this exercise you can do many variations such as the open and closed press, open and closed plates, open and closed dips, with which you can do an intensive definition-building job.
On a bench, lying flat or at an incline, this great exercise directly affects your pectorals and works the entirety of the muscle, allowing you to work with a weight greater than your body and with the safety of the dumbbells.
You can also work with the Pilates ball, which will add to the workload due to balancing your body.
Dumbbell Bench Press
This type of press can work in a bench, lying down or at an incline, allowing you to work with all types of grips (supine, prone, neutral), you can also work with the pilates ball.
This exercise allows you to define pectorals in conjunction with other muscle groups of the torso and with all types of grips, in standing position.
Barbell Bench Press
The famous and popular bench press, will allow you to work with large weights. This can be done either lying down and on an incline or decline bench.
Barbell Bent-Over Rows
With this mode of rowing, you define your pectorals comfortably with other higher muscle groups.
With this popular exercise you will tone your shoulders if you use heavy weights.
Tips To Make The Most Of Your Training
To correctly and efficiently combine your exercises to tone your chest the following recommendations should be noted:
- Execute a higher percentage of definition work as opposed to work for volume or strength. For example, if you are going to do 5 training sessions a week, do 3 to 4 sessions including exercises for toning and 1 or 2 sessions with exercises for volume or strength in the pectorals.
- Work on most of the muscles of your body by emphasizing the work in the part you want to see results, increasing the frequency and including several work modalities per session, for example, include in all your exercise routines work with chin-ups or parallel dips and bench press in series, not continuously.
- To really reduce unwanted body fat and have increased endurance when exercising, jog, walk, ride a bike or swim.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
I can guarantee you, if you stick to this big chest workout with consistency, you’ll get tremendous results in no time at all!